Thursday, April 19, 2007

Shanghainese Feel At Tu-Long


On Saturday, my friends and I went to Mid Valley. When we reach there, it’s already lunch time. One of them suggested we go for the Chinese restaurant, “Tu Long” which famous for its “La Mian” and “Xiao Long Bao”, which both is Shanghai cuisine. The restaurant is situated opposite Mid Valley Megamall.

When we stepped in to the shop, the attendants keep on saying “Welcome” to us. I never had been to a restaurant where so many attendants greeted me at the same time and non-stop. All the female service attendants are dress in Chinese traditional clothes and surprisingly they can speak very well Mandarin (some are even speaking Mandarin in China slang). I think perhaps they are from China. :) The atmosphere was relaxing and looked classy because of the background music and the attire of the service attendants.

The attendants are always in stand-by mode because after we finish order, there are still two to three waitresses standing near to our table, prepare to help us refill our drinks or help us out. I had the “La Mian” with vegetables and minced pork which the broth was tasty. Unfortunately, the bowl of “La Mian” is big, but the food is only small portion, was not enough for me. L




I had to say the waitresses are really alert. When she saw my friend and me trying hard to cut the big piece of meat, she automatically walked to us and asked us whether need her help to cut for us. Wow, good service! Although one of my friend feel uncomfortable to have so many eyes looking at her when she is eating.



We ended up paying RM92 for four people. It’s a bit expensive I would say but if looking at it’s services, it is worthwhile. The entire dining process was pleasing, just that when we leave the restaurant, I nearly slipped off because of the wet floor. They did not put a signage there. This was the only thing which I was not happy with.

No comments: