Thursday, March 22, 2007

A Bad Experience with Telekom Malaysia

Yeah sounds a little bit extreme but since I had so many bad experiences with them, I might just go up to the VADS building where the contact center is (I think it's there) and commit arson.

So you may ask what kind of horrible things they did to me that I would have such a passion to destroy them all.

First story, I use a TM phone line (like we have any other choice?).

During the first week when the phone line was connected, there was no dial tone. And I think it was like that for a long time just that I didn't check earlier because I never really used it to make calls. But calls could still come in. So when I found out, I called them, using my cell phone (since the phone is out, DUH!).

Took me ages to get through (and a series of pressing buttons for that automated response). When I finally got through, I SPECIFICALLY asked to talk to someone in English, but instead she still spoke to me in Malay. I spoke to her in English anyway and her English was SO bad I wonder why they even bother hiring these people to answer calls in English.

Then I told her my problem. The way she responded was like she was so shocked something like that could happen.

TM Contact Staff: "Are you sure there is no sound!?"

Moi: "No. No dial tone"

TM Contact Staff: "Is the phone connected?"

Moi: "Yes (DUH!)"

TM Contact Staff: "I put you on hold on moment" (Best of Elevator Music volume 12 plays....7 minutes later) "A technician will come over to your place tomorrow"

2 days later

Moi: "The technician did not come"

TM Contact Staff: "Are you sure?"

Moi: "Look, I am the only one living here, I had to skip a class just so that I could wait for your people to come fix my stupid line. When can you fix it?"

TM Contact Staff: "Erm miss, I think they will come tomorrow. Sorry. Please wait tomorrow"

Moi: "And I have to use my cell phone to call you and there's no reception here, so I need it fixed ASAP"

The next day someone finally called, telling me that they wanted to go to my house to fix it and confirming the time. When I finally hung up from that call, I could hear a dial tone once more on my telephone.

So now it's fixed? All of a sudden? And they want to come here to fix what? And what was the technical fault that actually happened? Did they sneak into my house when I was away to fix it? Or did they suspend my phone line just to freak me out? I didn't even bother to inform them that my phone was back up again since I was stood up by those technicians again.

TM, you may have won this time....

To be continued with Celcom, bills that never comes to the house anymore but they call me and rudely asks me to PAY!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

i honestly dislike ppl calling chinese girls AH MOI...duh!