Sunday, March 18, 2007

Poor Facilities and Services in KUALA LUMPUR HOSPITAL




This is the place that everybody doesn’t want to go. But, 4 years ago during my diploma, I was almost admitted in the HKL because I was suspect to have dengue fever. It was almost every day I have to get a check up, have a blood test for about a week and HKL like my second house where I have to spend all my day there. For those that don’t have an experience get sick and sent to HKL, you will not have an idea how terrible that place for sick people.

The main factor why it is terrible is because it is government hospital and the services are not good as the private hospital. The main difference for these two sectors is the fees for the patient. HKL provide the lowest fees which is only the registration fees RM2 only. But for private hospital, just count it by yourself. So, the services provided also as low as the fees.

What makes me wonder is hospitals is the place for sick people and this place should provide at least a comfort place so that the patients will be calm and rest while waiting their turn. But, what I faced was the seats were too old and some of them are not safe to sit and when come on weekends, the seats unable to accommodate the amount of the people come. There only a few ceilings fan provided on that time. Besides, the staffs will not welcome you with smile and easily get impatient and tempered with patients. So, patients will be sicker in this condition. This is because first, you have to spend your time to wait for your turn and second you have to face the uncomfortable basic services that they serve to you.

So, think twice to be there.

No comments: