Thursday, March 8, 2007

2 Different Experiences At The Same Store

It was definitely a tiring day after straight of 5 hours classes. Before heading for my lunch, my friend and me went to the bookshop or so called knowledge mart to look for our Marketing Strategy textbook. We had been visiting the shop few times just to find this book because it was not available yet.

Since it is already Week 5 plus the lecturer’s words promising that the book is available in the shop, thus, we were so confident that this time for sure we will get what we want. After searching in the shop, once again, it was not available. I went to the counter to ask the cashier when the book will be available. The cashier did not answer my question nor look at me. I waited for few seconds, then only he looked at my friend and me blankly. He told us that he did not know, and asked us to find the person in charge. At that time, the person in charge was not in. So, we asked the cashier for the person in charge’s contact number. Guess what, he showed us an unwilling face and asked me to copy down the number in a rude manner.

On Wednesday, we returned to the shop and the same thing happened which the book is not there yet. But we saw another Marketing Strategy case study book was there. We asked a female staff about the price. In addition, we also asked her about the book we were looking for. She answered our questions politely. After that, she guided us to meet the person in charge.

Although I did not get my book, I am still thankful to the female staff. I must give her a credit on her service as a salesperson. I wonder why in the same place, same position but two salespersons showed different service manner towards the customers. I understand that the bookshop is selling us the product. But good services is also an important aspect to ensure customer satisfaction.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Interesting experience